Friday, July 7, 2023

Introducing Lydia

Hello! My name is Lydia Ferguson, and I am an intern with ANSM for the rest of the summer. I am originally from New Brunswick, but have been lucky to call Halifax my home for the last two years (and a very short 9 months pre-pandemic). I came to ANSM through the Saint Mary’s University field placement course. Though I graduated with my honours degree in history in May, I returned to SMU to take advantage of this amazing opportunity. Working with ANSM will be the perfect way to round out my Halifax experience, as I am heading to the University of Edinburgh this fall to pursue an MSc in the History of Art, Theory, and Display.

I have worked in various sectors of the museum and research worlds. In 2021, I worked as an Assistant Archivist at the New Brunswick Museum Archives and Research Library, which confirmed my love and fascination with the museum sphere. Then, for my final year at SMU, I had the pleasure of being a research assistant, focusing heavily on the transcription of 18th and 19th century land grants. I am excited to put the skills I have developed over the years to work with the amazing team at ANSM.

Outside of school and work, I can be found in one of Halifax’s many wonderful coffee shops and cafés, as I am on a mission to visit as many as possible (20 and counting). I am typically accompanied by my fellow coffee-loving friends, or a good book. 




No comments: