Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Introducing Daniel

My name is Daniel MacDonald and I am the new Communications and Admin Coordinator here at the Association of Nova Scotia Museums. I am from Nova Scotia and I have been working in communications, design and marketing for more than 15 years.

My introduction to museums began in 2007 when I started working for the Nova Scotia Museum out of the offices above the Museum of Natural History on Summer Street in Halifax. I continued in that role for 8 years. Along with all the new people I will be introduced to in my new role, I expect I will have the opportunity to see many familiar NSM faces. In recent years I have been working with technology start-ups, and I am very excited to be working with museums again.

ANSM Members will likely connect with my work through memberships, the ANSM website, social media, advocacy outreach, and the Beacon newsletter!

Outside of work I am an amateur photographer, and letterpress printer. I just got my hands on a 1960s proofing press last used at The Nugget Newspaper in North Bay, Ontario. With a little TLC I am confident I will be able to pull prints on it once again.

I am thankful for the welcoming staff here at ANSM and I am looking forward to getting to work, and being introduced to wonderful people and interesting stories.

No comments: