Monday, March 6, 2023

Introducing Jacob!

Hi everyone! My name is Jacob and for the next 7 weeks I will be working virtually as an intern here at ANSM. I am a part of the Museum and Cultural Management Program at Centennial College in Toronto, and I am so excited to be working here!

I am originally from New Brunswick, and I love history, especially being able to tell the stories of everyday people. So, being able to work with ANSM and all its member museums is a very exciting opportunity! I am especially looking forward to helping with projects that will help some of Nova Scotia’s founding cultural groups, such as the Mi’kmaq, Acadian, African Nova Scotian and Gaelic communities, tell their stories and access important cultural information.

Before I started studying museums full time, I received my BA with a double major in History and Political Science from St Thomas University, and my Master’s in History from the University of Toronto. My passion has always been food history, and I hope I will be able to bring that to bear in my time here!

In my free time, I love to read (especially science fiction and history), play role-playing games like Dungeons and Dragons, and cook dishes from around the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jacob!

Carrie Bauer said...

So proud of you! But we always knew you could do it. Congratulations!!