Friday, March 31, 2023

Farewell from Jordyn

Hello ANSM readers, 

I am excited to be wrapping up my practicum at ANSM with several new learning activities ready to make it online at NovaMuse.ca! Creating lesson plans and activities for schools consists of an ongoing research process, revisions, and finally hoping it will be seen and utilized by others. I was interested in food traditions, music, and learning personal stories through museum collections. In my lesson plans and activities I hope educators feel that they are adaptable, accessible, and enrich their students’ learning of the four founding cultures in Nova Scotia. With consultations from community members leading to the Unlocking Collections Calls to Action, I feel it is a wonderful time to join ANSM and hopefully facilitate lasting learning opportunities for children.

Alongside creating and revising lesson plans and activities, I had the chance to work with many collaborators and participate in March Break programming at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic. I was thrilled by all of the learning opportunities and support I was offered at ANSM, and all of those I was able to connect with during my time here!

Any student who has completed a placement at this office can attest to how lucky we are to spend time working here. I really appreciate this opportunity from the MSVU Child and Youth Study program, and most importantly from the welcoming and engaging staff, interns, and volunteers at ANSM. The most gratitude will have to go to Karin for her incredible mentorship! I hope the best for ANSM from here on out.


With appreciation,


Jordyn Riou

No comments: