Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Introducing Olivia!

Hello everyone! I’m Olivia LaPierre and I’m currently in my fourth year of the Child and Youth studies program at Mount Saint Vincent University. I’ve done three practicum placements previously, however all three were in classroom environments, so I’m beyond excited to try something new. Planning and creating are two of my strongest suits, especially designing activities for children. I also visited a few of the province’s many museums as a child, mainly the Acadian House Museum in Chezzetcook (I have family roots there), Pier 21 on class field trips, and the Fundy Geological Museum, as I’ve always loved rocks, crystals and fossils. I’m very excited to learn more about these places, as well as some of the other museums in the province. I think it will be an amazing experience to create activities in museums that will help children learn and engage with the rich history museums have to offer. 


Outside of school, I love doing any type of arts or crafts, as well as hanging out with my pets. I’ve also worked with children since I was fifteen years old, but recently left the field to work part-time at a pet store, while in school. As much as I love working with children, it was flexible hours-wise while I’m still in school, I have a huge passion for animals as well! I’m also working part-time at school in the curriculum resource center, helping my peers do research, find books, and managing the library. 


Thank you so much to ANSM for having me here to do my last practicum, and I’m beyond excited to get started working with everyone!

No comments: