Friday, May 13, 2022

Hello Summer Interns!

Hello! My name is Emma and I am one of the new interns this spring/summer here at ANSM. I am a graduate student at the University of Western Ontario and am completing a Master of Arts in Public History. I have a passion for museums and historic sites, how they work and the collections they acquire and have acquired. So, as you can imagine, I am ecstatic to be working at ANSM to experience and learn about how museums operate from different perspectives. In addition, I am looking forward to working on projects that make a difference and to better my knowledge on the beautiful province of Nova Scotia.

Before getting into Public History and the museum field, I completed my undergrad at Carleton University, where I obtained a Bachelor of Global and International Studies with a specialization in Global and Transnational history and a minor in German. 


Outside of school and work, I love travelling, food, music, and learning about different languages and cultures.


When this internship comes to an end, I am hoping to continue with museum work in some capacity - whether it be in collections or continuing to work for a museum association or council. Regardless, I would love to stay in the museum and historic site field and am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing organization.




Hello Everyone! My name is Madeline and I will be joining ANSM for the next 14 weeks as an intern from the Museum Management and Curatorship graduate certificate program at Fleming College. There are lots of exciting projects in the works right now and I cannot wait to get started! 


Originally from Ontario, I graduated from Dalhousie University last year with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and I have been eager to get back to the east coast ever since. I am excited to dive deeper into the rich history of Nova Scotia during my internship. With a lifelong passion for history and a love of visiting museums, I have always known that museum work was right for me. 


Having spent the past four summers working as a historical interpreter at Lang Pioneer Village Museum in Keene, Ontario, my love of museum work has only continued to grow. I had a great time working as a summer student at Lang and was given the opportunity to experience many different aspects of small museum operations during my time there. 


I am looking forward to getting involved in all of ANSM’s amazing work and exploring its member museums. I know I am going to learn so much from everyone. I am excited for a summer filled with incredible learning experiences and maybe even some fun adventures along the way!

No comments: