Monday, June 1, 2020

Introducing Mr. Mejia

Hello! My name is Camilo, and I will be interning with the Association of Nova Scotia Museums (ANSM) for the next eight weeks. Interning at a cultural heritage institution is a requirement of the Master of Museum Studies program at the University of Toronto (U of T).

I am from Toronto, graduating from the U of T in 2017 with a B.A. (Hon.) in History and Anthropology. After graduating, I spent two years  contemplating and exploring what I wanted to do in the future. This time led to my discovery of the Museum Studies program at the U of T. I recently completed my first year of the Museum Studies program, taking an interest in Collection Management. I have also been volunteering regularly at the Royal Ontario Museum in their Discovery Gallery. I believe that these experiences will inform my work with ANSM during the next eight weeks.

I am excited to start interning with ANSM! Currently, I have a general understanding of Nova Scotian history. I look forward to delving into the rich heritage of Nova Scotia through this internship with ANSM, as well as further developing my skills as an emerging museum professional.

1 comment:

Papa John said...

Welcome. Enjoy your work term at ANSM. Trust you will enjoy your time in Nova Scotia

John Corbett
SS Atlantic Heritage Park Society