Thursday, June 4, 2020

Introducing Erika Bird

Hi. My name is Erika and I will be completing an internship with ANSM over the next four weeks as a requirement of the Child and Youth Studies Program at MSVU.

I live in rural Nova Scotia with my toddler daughter and am due with my second child in July. I am a passionate gardener and am very proud of my francophone/Acadian language and culture, which I am passing down to my children.

Along with parenting, I hope my past work experiences as an Early Childhood Educator and as Executive Director of l’Acadie de Chezzetcook Association and Historic Site will allow me to efficiently complete projects that will benefit the NS museum community and children and teachers who engage within it.

My career goal is to complete a Bachelor of Education to teach in our local Acadian school. I look forward to networking with ANSM staff members to build strong community partnerships that will benefit my future teachings in the Child and Youth field.

No comments: