Thursday, May 25, 2023

Introducing Katie

Hello! My name is Katie and I am a Museum Management and Curatorship student from Fleming College, located in Peterborough, Ontario. 

I am spending my third and final semester, which is also my internship, here in Nova Scotia. I feel very fortunate to have a split internship between ANSM and Randall House Museum in Wolfville.

My 14 weeks are going to fly by, I just know it! Not only am I excited to learn, but I'm looking forward to exploring a new province!

I applied to the Museum Management and Curatorship program because I love museums! I love objects, photos, stories, history and heritage. Museums are wonderful places that I feel are often over-looked. One of the topics I'd like to learn more about during my internship is how I can help advocatefor museums across Canada.

My background is in fundraising, event and volunteer management, public relations, donor relations and more, which I feel will help me in my new career path.

A huge thank you to ANSM and Randall House Museum for allowing me the opportunity to learn with them. I'm excited to see where my education and internship will take me!

No comments: