Thursday, January 19, 2023

Introducing Jordyn!

Hello! My name is Jordyn Riou and I am the new intern with the Association of Nova Scotia Museums! I am originally from Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, and have been living in Nova Scotia for the last two years. I am currently in my third year of the Child and Youth Study program at Mount Saint Vincent University, so I am looking forward to working with ANSM to create resources and activities for children and youth!

I am new to getting to know Nova Scotia, and always enjoy recommendations for unique experiences and places to visit in Halifax (or outside, whenever I can get access to a vehicle)! I spend much of my free time at the House of Eights dance studio, downtown. Up North, I have experience working with children and youth in a few contexts, and most recently I was an Education and Events summer student with Ecology North, so I had the chance to plan and coordinate events in the community and create resources related to environmental issues and appreciation in the NWT. 

Youth participation in the community is what drives everything that I do, and I am always looking for creative ways to develop opportunities for young people to learn through engagement and participation. I seek out youth perspectives to inform the work that I do. I can't wait for the opportunity to contribute to the upcoming projects with ANSM and bring opportunities to children and youth to learn about the history of the founding cultures of Nova Scotia.

No comments: