Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Introducing Cheyenne!

Hello everyone! My name is Cheyenne Hardy, and I am a 3rd year student taking Child and Youth Studies with a minor in psychology at Mount Saint Vincent University! I’ll be completing my practicum with ANSM for the next 10 weeks and I am so excited to get started! This will be my second practicum out of four. I completed my first placement this past summer at the Dartmouth Child Development Center.

I love volunteering and working with children. I do not have a background in museum work, but I sure enjoy visiting them. Working with the museums to create activities for young minds seems like the perfect combination to me!

I have already started exploring the NovaMuse website and I am eager to learn about the museums and their artifacts around my province. I have lived in Dartmouth my entire life and I absolutely love it, but I’m sure there are many gems in Nova Scotia that I’ve yet to discover. Through the NovaMuse website I’m not only learning about museums that are new to me, but I am excited to visit them someday! For now I’m looking forward to working with them during my placement.

At the Mount, I am very active member of our Student’s Union, our recruitment office, and I am the volunteer coordinator for the university’s soup kitchen and food bank. Outside of school, I’m a Guest Services Representative at the mall in Dartmouth, and I also work in a consignment shop in Fisherman’s Cove called Shore Things! In my free time, I love to travel, volunteer, play musical instruments and eat new foods. 

Thank you so much to the ANSM team for giving me such a warm welcome. I am positive it’s going to be a great couple of months working with everyone!

No comments: