Thursday, May 6, 2021

Introducing Sarah!

Hello! I’m Sarah, and I will be joining ANSM over the next 12 weeks as an intern. I’m a graduate student at the University of Toronto completing the Master of Museum Studies program. Participating in an internship during the summer between my two years of study was one of the major draws of this program, so I am really looking forward to working with ANSM this summer!

Before starting the Master of Museum Studies program, I earned my Honours Bachelor of Arts from the University of Toronto with a double major in French Linguistics and Near & Middle Eastern Civilizations and a minor in English (if you think it’s a mouthful to read, you can only imagine how challenging it was to say out loud!). I decided to join the museum world after volunteering at the Royal Ontario Museum and discovering it was the perfect environment to combine my love of learning, teaching, and caring for objects. I am so excited to learn more about collections management and educational/public programming from the ANSM staff and its member museums this summer.

I have lived in the Greater Toronto Area for my whole life, and I will be completing my internship virtually from the Toronto area during the summer. While I’ll miss the opportunity to explore a new province, my remote internship will give me an even better reason to visit Nova Scotia once I can! I am so excited to get started with ANSM!

 

 

No comments: