Friday, April 9, 2021

Adios from Devlin

It is hard to believe that I started this internship at ANSM 12 weeks ago already and that it is already coming to a close.  I have learned so much in my time here and am so glad that in these pandemic days I was able to come out to Halifax and experience some of the city and culture of the east coast.  I had the opportunity to work on many different projects while I was here and contribute to the museum community in, I hope, a meaningful way.

Museums that I helped
with data improvements
My biggest project involved learning the ins and outs of the CollectiveAccess database, in which I spent a ton of time data cleaning entities for a number of museums, working on the imports for Northumberland Fisheries Museum, and learning the process for database migration into CollectiveAccess.  I also got the opportunity to develop a geology based learning activity, word search and crossword for NovaMuseEd, and work with a geologist to enhance the geospecimen entries of a number of museums throughout NS.  I also spent time working with the collections at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic and the HRM warehouse getting some hands on time with some local collections.

This has been a great experience for me and I am thankful to have had the opportunity to intern here at ANSM, I look forward to taking the skills I have learned into future collections.

Have a great rest of 2021; I look forward to coming back to Nova Scotia!

See you later,

Devlin

No comments: