Thursday, March 4, 2021

Introducing Ms. Lang

Hi! I’m Emma Lang, the new Membership Services Coordinator. My first experience working in a museum was in the summer of 2000 as a 14 year old hoop-skirt-wearing house museum volunteer in Concord Massachusetts. From that moment on, I was hooked. Since then I’ve worked in museums as varied as the Shetland Museum and Archive, National Museum of American History, Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island, Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Los Angeles Maritime Museum (where I was Curator), Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic (Assistant Curator and Registrar), and worked as a freelance exhibit developer and interpretive planner in Newfoundland and Labrador. Over the years, I’ve done everything from collections management, exhibit and interpretive development to programming, and like many of us, I’ve also worked in gift shops, manned the front desk, and helped with building maintenance--ask me about what to do when sea lions decide to move into your museum’s wharf!

I have an MA in Museum Studies from George Washington University (2010) and will have completed an MA Folklore at Memorial University of Newfoundland this spring. Born and raised in Massachusetts I love discovering the similarities and differences between New England and Atlantic Canada and exploring the history, culture and amazing natural beauty of the region. 

I’m excited to put my years of experience in the museum world to use supporting ANSM members and I look forward to getting to know all of you.  Please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email or give me a call if there’s any way that I can help. 





No comments: